Berlin, Germany or partially remote
Software Engineer Backend
Are you looking for hands-on experience at a fast-paced startup? We are looking for a Software Engineer Backend to join our team.
What you will do:
As an early-stage startup, the right candidate is someone who loves wearing many hats and isn’t afraid of trying and taking risks. Here are some tasks that you might find yourself working on:
- Improve and maintain our backend services as well as private and public APIs
- Work on high-throughput data processing and analytics pipelines
- Help us improving and extending our backend infrastructure
- Take an active part in shaping our product roadmap
What we offer:
- Flexibility to work remotely: While we would like you to be primarily based in Berlin, we’re quite flexible with remote working arrangements
- A pretty sweet workspace with delicious drinks in one of the nicest parts of Berlin
- Learning: You’ll get enough room to learn new technologies and improve your skills
- Responsibility from day one with the ability to see the direct result of your work
- A competitive salary and flexible vacation policies
We are looking for somebody with the following qualities:
- Entrepreneurial qualities: you love creating things and you’re self-motivated
- If you’ve contributed to open source projects or have launched anything on your own, that’s a major plus
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science or a related field (if not, that’s fine too. Just convince us you know what you’re doing)
- At least 3-5 years of hands-on experience in developing backend systems and APIs in NodeJS
- Very good knowledge of writing efficient and testable TypeScript code
- Good knowledge of software engineering best practices, design principles, and data structures
- At least foundational knowledge of operating production infrastructure on AWS
- Experience with Elasticsearch and stream-based data processing is a plus
- Fluent in English
We are an early-stage startup that has a bias toward learning and action: we act quickly and love to experiment with new ideas with the ambition of learning and improving.
We value honesty, integrity, and straightforwardness: it is better to be honest about things, even the hard things (mistakes happen, after all!), otherwise they may become worse later.
We are results-oriented: we like to measure our work so that we can improve.